HB 1856 continues the Commission until September 1, 2009 (Sunset Act).
SB 367 establishes minimum training and certification requirements for Contract Jailers.
- HB 1856 changes on requirement for basic certificate:
- (1) one year of experience as a peace officer; and
- (2) successful completion of a course of instruction provided by the employing agency on federal and state statutes that relate to employment issues affecting peace officers and county jailers, including:
- (A) civil service;
- (B) compensation, including overtime compensation, and vacation time;
- (C) personnel files and other employee records;
- (D) management-employee relations in law enforcement organizations;
- (E) work-related injuries;
- (F) complaints and investigations of employee misconduct; and
(G) disciplinary actions and the appeal of disciplinary actions.
HB 1881 requires initial and continuing education for police chief in each 24-month period (96.641 Education Code).
HB 2909 requires MOU with Texas Department of Criminal Justice to create Supervision Officer Firearms certificates - Holders must re-apply every two years.
HB 1859 requires a risk assessment method to be established for training provider evaluations.